Madan Mohan Malaviya University started MET Malaviya Entrance Test for admissions in Computer Science & Engineering,Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics, Communication Engineering, Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Computer Sc. Engineering, Master of Computer Application (MCA), Master in Business Administration through MET Malaviya entry test exams. The admission is open to candidates under existing Government policies for both sexes without distinction of caste, creed & colour. Admission to Bachelor of Technology, courses is through an Admission Test conducted by MMMUT.
Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur has been established in year 2013 by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in the form of a non-affiliating, teaching and research University after reconstituting the Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur which was established in 1962.
MMMUT 2023 MET Malaviya application form submission is issued to candidates on Online registration only. MMMUT 2023 Exam offers Admission to candidates in B. Tech, MCA, M. Tech, MBA and Other Master Degree Related Courses programs. Candidates must regularly visit this site of MMMUT for Regular updates and details examination syllabus, pattern, preparation subject guide.
- 4 year B.Tech. Course
- 2 year MBA Course
- 3 year MCA Course
- 2 year M.Tech. Course
- PhD Course
Pattern of MET Admission Test as follows :
- Admission Test will be of objective type.
- The candidates are required to opt suitable paper(s) for appearing in the entrance examination as mentioned below subject to their eligibility, and the course(s) in which admission is being sought.
|B.Tech||Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||3 hours||150 objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||600|
|2nd year B.Tech||Paper 2||Aptitude Test for Diploma holder in Engineering||1 Hour 30 Minutes||75 objective type questions||300|
|2nd year B.Tech||Paper 3||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduate||1 Hour 30 Minutes||75 objective type questions||300|
|M.B.A||Paper 4||Aptitude Test for MBA||1 Hour 30 Minutes||75 objective type questions||300|
|M.C.A||Paper 5||Aptitude test for MCA||1 Hour 30 Minutes||75 objective type questions||300|
|M.Tech||Paper 6||M.Tech Admission Test||2 Hours||100 objective type questions||400|
|Ph.D||Paper 7||Ph.D Admission Test||2 Hours||100 objective type questions||400|
- Every objective type question would carry four marks for correct answer.
- Each objective type question shall have one correct answer. The answer would be considered correct only if the appropriate choice is indicated in the answer.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
Exam Syllabus :
Syllabus of MMMUT Admission MET entry test follows and arrange through out these subjects :
P A P E R – 1
(PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY & MATHEMATICS)
Section –A, Physics
- Motion in one dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power and Energy
- Linear Momentum and collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
Section – B, Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid – Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- Preparation and Properties
- Thermo chemistry
- General Organic Chemistry
- Solid State
Section – C, Mathematics
- Co-ordinate Geometry
P A P E R – 2
(APTITUDE TEST FOR DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN ENGINEERING)
Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Basic Electrical Engg., Basic Electronics Engg., Elements of computer science, Elementary Biology, Basic Workshop Practice and Physics/Chemistry/Maths of Diploma standard.
P A P E R – 3
(APTITUDE TEST FOR B.SC. GRADUATE IN ENGINEERING)
Linear Algebra: Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
Calculus: Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
Differential equations: First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Linear partial differential equations with constant coefficients of 2nd order and their classifications and variable separable method.
Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor’s and Laurent’ series, Residue theorem, solution integrals.
Probability and Statistics: Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.
Fourier Series: Periodic functions, Trigonometric series, Fourier series of period, Euler’s formulae, Functions having arbitrary period, Change of interval, Even and odd functions, Half range sine and cosine series.
Transform Theory: Laplace transform, Laplace transform of derivatives and integrals, Inverse Laplace transform, Laplace transform of periodic functions, Convolution theorem, Application to solve simple linear and simultaneous differential equations. Fourier integral, Fourier complex transform, Fourier sine and cosine transforms and applications to simple heat transfer equations.
Z – Transform and its application to solve difference equations.
P A P E R – 4
(APTITUDE TEST FOR MBA)
The test is aimed at evaluating the verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, logical and abstract reasoning and knowledge of current affairs. The following is a brief description of contents of the test paper.
Section-A (English Language): Grammar, vocabulary, uncommon words, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, relationship between words and phrases and comprehension of passages.
Section-B (Numerical Aptitude): Numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, geometry and trigonometry, Interpretation of graphs, charts and tables.
Section-C (Thinking and Decision Making): Creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, verbal reasoning, finding patterns trends and Assessment of figures and diagrams.
Section-D (General Awareness): Knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture and science.
P A P E R – 5
(APTITUDE TEST FOR MCA)
Modern Algebra: Idempotent law, identities, complementary laws, Demorgan’s theorem, mapping, inverse relation, equivalence relation, Piano’s Axiom, definition of rational numbers and integers through equivalence relation.
Algebra: Surds, solution of simultaneous and quadratic equations, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Binomial theorem for any index, logarithms, exponential and logarithmic series, determinants.
Probability: Definition, dependent and independent events, numerical problems on addition and multiplication of probability, theorems of probability.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, use of mathematical tables, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse functions, DeMoiver’s theorem.
Co-Ordinate Geometry: Co-ordinate geometry of the straight lines, pair of straight lines, circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola and their properties.
Calculus: Differentiation of function of functions, tangents and normal, simple examples of maxima of minima, limits of function, integration of function (by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction), definite integral (application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of sphere, cone and cylinder).
Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications.
Dynamics: Velocity, composition of velocity, relative velocity, acceleration, composition of acceleration, motion under gravity, projectiles, laws of motions, principles of conservation of momentum and energy, direct impact of smooth bodies, pulleys.
Statics: Composition of co-planar, concurrent and parallel forces, moments and couples, resultant of set of coplanar forces and conditions of equilibrium, determination of Centroides in simple case, problems involving friction.
Theory of probability, Mean, Median, Mode, Dispersion and Standard Deviation.
(iii) LOGICAL ABILITY
Questions shall be set to test analytical and reasoning capability of candidates.
P A P E R – 6
(M.Tech. Admission Test)
For admission to M.Tech. programmes, the admission test shall include objective type questions from general Engineering Aptitude consisting of Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Basic Electrical Engineering, Basic Electronics Engineering, Basic Computer Science, Workshop practice, Basic Mechanical Engineering, Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics of Degree standard.
P A P E R – 7
(Ph.D. Admission Test)
For admission to PhD programme, the admission test shall include 25% objective type questions related to the quantitative aptitude and research methodology each and 50% questions from the core subject of the respective department.
MMMUT 2023 Application Fee :
The Application Fee for MMMUT MET Entrance Examination is as Follows
- The Application Fee for General and OBC Category Candidates is RS.1500
- For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women Category Candidates is RS.750
- Candidates must pay the Application Fee Within the Specified Date and Time of the Examination. Candidates must also pay the Application Fee Within the Examination Venue.
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) 1st & 2nd Year
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.)
- M.Sc. Physics (Specialization in Electronics)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Malaviya Entrance Test (MET) Eligibility
For B.Tech. 1st
- Aspiring candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) and in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each without grace with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to SC/St category).
For B.Tech. 2nd
- Aspiring candidates should have passed 3/4 year Diploma examination from an Institution recognized by U.P. Board of Technical Education in any branch of Engineering/Technology except Agriculture Engineering with at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) without grace.
For B.Sc. Graduates
- Passed 3/4 year B.Sc. Degree from any recognized University of India as defined by UGC with at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) without grace and having passed 10+2 exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline. Candidates must have scored at least 55% (General/ OBC) and 50% (SC/ ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline. Minimum marks required in the qualifying exam for General/ OBC and SC/ ST candidates are 55% and 50% respectively.
- The course GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) scorecard will be conducted. Candidates belong to Uttar Pradesh need to score 40% in GATE examination. While candidates belong to other states will have to score at least 60% marks in GATE examination.
- Educational qualification requirement is first class Master’s Degree in the relevant field of engineering.
How to apply for Malaviya Entrance Test 2023 (MET)?
Aspiring candidates can visit the official website i.e. http://www.mmmut.ac.in/met and follow the instructions given there for applying both OMR and online application forms.
Malaviya MET Entrance Test 2023 Preparation Online Mcqs Math Physics Chemistry Question Answer
Attempt All the Tests To prepare for the JEE Advance Entrance Examination Over here. Please click on below subject to prepare by Online Test.
Important Dates :
OMR Application Form can be obtained: 20th January to 31st March 2023 (10.00 am to 04.00 pm)
Last Date for Receipt of Completed OMR Application Form in the office of MMMUT, Gorakhpur: 7th April 2017 (till 05.00 pm)
Submission of Online Application Form: 20th January to 31st March 2023 (05.00 pm)
Last Date for Receipt of Confirmation Page* along with payment details in the office MMMUT-Gorakhpur: 7th April 2023 (till 05.00 pm)
Uploading of Admit Cards: 30th April 2023
Date of Examination: 12th & 13th May, 2023(for B.Tech./B.Tech.-II Lateral/MCA/MBA/M.Sc. Physics/ M.Tech) and 2nd July, 2023 (for regular Ph.D)
Declaration of Result by: First week of June, 2023 (except Ph.D.)
Schedule of Exam:
12th May 2023, Saturday
Paper-1 (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics): (08.00 AM to 11.00 AM; 03 Hrs)
Paper-2 (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engg): (12.00 PM to 01.30 PM; 01.30 Hrs)
Paper-3 (Aptitude test for B.Sc. Graduates): (12.00 PM to 01.30 PM; 01.30 Hrs)
Paper-4 (Aptitude test for MCA): (02.30 PM to 04.00 PM; 01.30 Hrs)
Paper-5 (Aptitude test for MBA): (04.30 PM to 06.00 PM; 01.30 Hrs)
13th May 2023, Sunday
Paper-6 (M.Tech Admission Test): (08.00 AM to 10.00 AM; 02 Hrs)
Paper-7 (M.Sc. Physics (Specialization in Electronics) Admission Test): (08.00 AM to 10.00 AM; 02 Hrs)
2nd July 2023, Monday
Paper-8 (Ph.D. Admission Test at MMMUT, Gorakhpur only): (09:00 AM to 11.00 AM; 2 Hours)
3rd July 2023, Tuesday
Interview of the selected Ph.D. candidates: 9.00 am onwards at MMMUT, Gorakhpur
For more details, please visit website www.mmmut.ac.in
Malaviya MET Entrance Test Centers:
Malaviya Entrance Test will take place at the following test centres.
- Noida/Gr. Noida/Ghaziabad
MADAN MOHAN MALAVIYA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY Gorakhpur
Phone: +91-551-2273958, +91-551-6050001
P.A. to Vice-Chancellor: Sri Srikant
Phone:+91-9235500502(during office hours)
Phone(Information-Cum-Reception Center): 0551-6050036
Admission Enquiry: 0551-6050037
Malaviya Entrance Test 2023 (MET) Contact Details
Malaviya Entrance Test (MET) – 2023
M. M. M. University of Technology, Deoria Road
Gorakhpur – 273010 (U.P.)
Phone No: 8765783798, 9235500507