Every year, over 12 lakh people register for the NDA test. However, a lot of applicants have their applications rejected because they neglected to review the comprehensive UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria 2024. The NDA 1 2024 Notification is scheduled to be released on December 20, 2023, by the Union Public Service Commission. The UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria 2024 are based on several variables, including physical standards, academic standing, age, marital status, and nationality. On or before the deadline, interested individuals who satisfy the requirements can submit the NDA application form 2024. Review the comprehensive NDA 2024 eligibility requirements and the most recent update in this post if you intend to take the NDA 2024 test.
NDA 1 2024 Exam Date
The NDA 1 test is set for April 21, 2024, and the NDA 2 exam is set for September 1, 2024. Candidates for the NDA 2024 exam must be between the ages of 16.5 and 19.5, have finished their Class 12 education, or be in the process of doing so.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2024
Those who wish to enlist in the Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force must pass the NDA exam. The test is given to applicants who want to be admitted to the Indian Naval Academy (INA) and the National Defense Academy (NDA).
The following criteria are included in the NDA eligibility 2024.
NDA Age Limit
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2024 for Male/Female Age Limit Qualification Physical Standard and Nationality
The departments below correspond to the divisions in which the necessary educational credentials have been divided. Could you make use of it as a guide?
|Army Wing of National Defence Academy||
|Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy||
NDA Nationality 2024
To apply for the UPSC NDA 2024 test, non-Indian citizens must fit into one of the following nationality categories.
- The applicant ought to be an Indian national.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Bhutan or Nepal.
- Applicants seeking permanent settlement who arrived in India from Tibet before January 1, 1962, are eligible.
- Applicants may take this test if they are immigrants to India from any of the following nations: Ethiopia, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and Pakistan.
UPSC NDA Age Limit 2024
The official NDA notification 2024 by the Union Public Service Commission specifies the age limit. Reserved category candidates are entitled to NDA age relaxation following the UPSC regulations. However, the rules set by the Union Public Service Commission do not grant age relaxation to reserved category applicants for the NDA examinations. It is important to note that the NDA age limit is the same for both girls and boys. For further information regarding the NDA 2024 age limit and age relaxation, please refer to the tables below.
|Exam||Date of Birth Criteria||Maximum age for NDA|
|NDA (1) 2024||July 2, 2005, to July 1, 2008||19.5|
|NDA (2) 2024||July 2, 2005, to July 1, 2008||19.5|
NDA Marital Status 2024
The candidates must be single to meet the NDA eligibility requirement. Both male and female candidates must comply with the marital status requirement. Until they successfully finish the NDA training program, applicants are prohibited from getting married. Those who get married before or during the training program will not be allowed to continue.
NDA Physical Criteria 2024
Those who pass the written portion of the NDA exam will go forward to the interview stage, followed by the physical and medical exams. Each force has a different physical requirement for the NDA. The section that follows provides the NDA physical requirements.
NDA Height & Weight Standards
The two main requirements of the NDA eligibility criteria 2024 that each applicant must fulfill before applying for the NDA exam are height and weight. The Army, Air Force, and Navy have varying weight and height requirements. For the Indian Army and Air Force, the minimum NDA height requirement is 152 cm, while the maximum height requirement is 183 cm. The candidates’ weight will be determined based on their age and height. The table below contains the NDA’s weight and height requirements, which candidates can evaluate.
Indian Army Height and Weight Requirement (Male)
|Age (yrs)||Minimum weight for
|Age: 17 to 20 yrs||Age: 20+01
day – 30 yrs
|Age: 30 +
01 day –
|Age: Above 40
|Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight
Indian Army Height and Weight Requirement (Female)
|Age (yrs)||Minimum weight for all ages||Age: 17 to
|Age: 20 +01
|Age: 30 + 01
Day- 40 yrs
|Age: Above 40 yrs|
|Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)|
Indian Navy Height and Weight Requirements
|Heigh t in Mtrs||Up to 17 yrs||17 yrs + 1 day
to 18 yrs
|18 yrs + 1 day
to 20 yrs
|20 yrs + 1 day
to 30 yrs
|Above 30 yrs|
|Minimum Weight in Kg||Maximum Weight in Kg||Minimum Weight in Kg||Maximum Weight in Kg||Minimum Weight in Kg||Maxim um Weight in Kg||Minimum Weight in Kg||Maximu m Weight in Kg||Minimum Weight in Kg||Maximum Weight in Kg|
Visual Standards for NDA Exam Eligibility
Every year, the rules for officers in the Army and Navy don’t change. The NDA test contains references to the visual criteria for the recruiting process. For a detailed explanation of the NDA 2024 qualifying criteria for Army and Navy officers, please refer to the table below.
|Visual Standards for Army and Navy Officers||Naval||Air Force|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Color Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
Important Instructions for Applicants
- Candidates in the 12th grade or its equivalent are eligible to apply for the examination.
- If a candidate successfully qualifies for the SSB interview but does not possess the original Matriculation/10+2 certificate, they are required to send a self-attested photocopy to either Army HQ or Naval HQ before the specified deadline.
- Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of their application.
- However, candidates who have already presented their original certificates during the interview are exempt from submitting them again.
- In exceptional circumstances, the commission may permit candidates without the prescribed qualifications to participate in the examination.
- Candidates who are yet to pass the 12th class exam must provide evidence of passing before the last date of submission.
- It is important to note that candidates who have been debarred by the Ministry of Defense are not eligible to apply.
- Additionally, candidates who have previously failed CPSS/PABT can now apply for the Air Force in Ground Duty branches.