The CLAT exam is held to allow students to join the integrated LLB and LLM courses throughout the nation. This test is administered by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis. The CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is a national exam for entrance to the university. The CLAT scorecard is accepted by the majority of law schools in India. The Common law admission Test is a centrally administered national entrance test that is used for admissions to 22 National Law Universities in India. The majority of private and self-financed universities in India also utilize these scores to determine law school admissions. Five Seats of the CLAT 2023 fifth Seat allotment lists were published. Results were announced in 2023. Answer Key Modifications are made public. The examination pattern is updated. Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted on a rotating basis by the 22 National Law Universities (NLU’s) of India. Through CLAT, applicants are granted admission to UG & PG degree law programs.
CLAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates should read this table for the official CLAT Exam dates for the 2023 session:
|Event||Dates for CLAT 2023||Dates for CLAT 2023|
|Release of admission notification||December 26, 2023||To be notified|
|Start of CLAT 2023 online application form||January 1, 2023||To be notified
|Last date to submit the application form||March 31, 2023||To be notified|
|Release of admit card||3rd week of April 2023||To be notified|
|CLAT 2023 exam date||May 08, 2023||December 18, 2023|
|Release of provisional answer key||1st week of May 2023||To be notified
|Release of final answer key||2nd week of May 2023||To be notified|
|Declaration of results||2nd week of May 2023||To be notified|
|Commencement of counseling||To be notified||To be notified|
CLAT Exam 2023 Application Form
- Candidates must read the all the information regarding CLAT 2023 Application Form
- The application form will be made available from the 1st of January in 2023.
- The deadline for registration is March 31, 2023. Fees can be submitted until 17th June 2023.
- The applicants can fill out the application form online.
- When registering the applicants need to provide an active email ID and a telephone number on the form of application.
- It is also mandatory for applicants to upload scans photographs of passport size and signature in the required format and in the required size.
- The CLAT Application Correction facility is also available for a short time to make the necessary adjustments to the application information.
- In the end, applicants are advised to take the printed copy of their completed application form to be used later.
- Application Fee:
- Candidates can pay their application fee online (credit debit or credit card) option.
- General or OBC SAP/PwD category candidates must submit Rs.4000 as application cost.
- The fee to apply is for SC/ ST category candidates is Rs.3000.
CLAT Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should verify the CLAT requirements before taking the test:
UG Law Programme:
- The candidate must pass the 12th exam through a recognized university or board in order to be eligible.
- Percentage General and OBC category candidates need to get 45% marks on the qualifying test and 40 percent marks for SCor ST category candidates in order to be qualified.
- Participants in the qualifying examination are eligible to sit for the exam. In this instance, applicants are also required to provide proof of passing the qualifying test.
PG Law Programme:
- The candidate must be completed LLB or another equivalent examination in order to be eligible to take the exam.
- Percentage Candidates of the general category have to be able to score at least 50% marks, and 45 percent for candidates from reserved categories to be eligible to sit for the exam.
- Participation: Candidates who take the qualifying test are also eligible for the exam. In this scenario, candidates will also need to provide proof of passing the qualifying test.
CLAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CLAT Admit card online. Candidates must use their login credentials to download the admit card. It is compulsory for all candidates who have applied to bring their hall ticket to the exam center. The CLAT 2023 admit card has all the information like the candidate’s name, roll number. and exam time and the time for getting to the exam hall, as well as all-important guidelines. It is essential to adhere to all instructions.
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- Candidates must read this information regarding the CLAT Exam Format:
- Exam Mode: The CLAT 2023 examinations will be conducted in offline (Pen-paper that is based) mode.
- Time Duration Candidates will be provided with two hours to finish the test.
- Questions Type Questions Type: Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & the subjective type of questions will be asked during the test.
- No. of Questions The exam will have 150 questions for UG and 150 questions in the PG exam.
- Medium Language Questions can be asked through the English Medium Language: Questions will be asked in English.
- A marking system: Every correct response will be worth one mark. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be taken away.
Candidates are required to check the following table to find out the distribution of marks for PG exams:
|PG Law course||Other law topics like Contracts, tort, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, and so on.||50|
CLAT Written Exams 2023 Syllabus
- CLAT Syllabus comprises six sections – English (including understanding), General Knowledge & Current Affairs Mathematics Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates are encouraged to read the complete syllabus for CLAT by reading the brochure of information. The topics covered in each section are listed as follows:
- English comprising comprehension: It covers topics that are able to be understood by the passage’s central theme, as well as the meaning of the words used therein as well as filling in the empty spaces
- General Knowledge and Current: It will cover topics such as static general knowledge questions and current affairs as well as international and national current events, and much more.
- Mathematics in this section candidates’ knowledge of basic mathematics will be tested.
- Legal Ability: It will cover subjects such as the study of law research ability, research aptitude, as well as the ability to solve problems.
- Logical Reasoning: It’ll contain a variety of logical reasoning-related questions like syllogism, logic analogies or sequences, etc.
CLAT Exam 2023 Answer Key
The CLAT 2023 Answer Key was released from NLUO Cuttack. The answer key was published on the 1st week of May 2023. Candidates need to go to the website to find the answers. It was published on the internet. Utilizing the answer key for CLAT candidates are able to take their marks prior to the announcement of the results. It includes the answer to every question asked on the test.
CLAT Written Exam 2023 Result
The authority that conducts the exam has announced the CLAT 2023 results. Candidates can verify their results through their Roll number and name. The result was announced on the 2nd week of May 2023. The result contains all the information such as the name of the candidate roll number, the rolls number, the marks scored in every subject, marks total percent, and the status of the result (pass or failing).
CLAT 2023 Cut Off
Cutting Off is determined based on a variety of factors, including the no. of candidates, scoring marks in the examination and the difficulty level of the exam, and more. The cut-off of CLAT 2023 is the minimum mark that candidates must score to pass the test.
Cut-off will be announced following the announcement of the results. Only those candidates will be called to the counseling session who meet the cut-off threshold.
CLAT 2023 Counselling
Following the announcement of the CLAT Result and cut off The authority has begun the counseling process. Seat allotment is determined on the basis of categories, ranks, and numbers. of seats available. For CLAT 2023’s CLAT 2023 Counselling process, candidates must submit the fee for counseling of 50, 000 rupees. 50, 000 in order to be eligible for participation. It is compulsory for all candidates of the category to take part in the counseling process. Admission is granted to applicants following the payment of the fee and confirmation of their documents.